News and articles from The Link Centre about TA and Psychotherapy
Everyone needs a little Psychodrama in their lives - June 17 2013
For details about the workshop and what you can expect, please vosot the workshop page on our site.
But if you think the Introduction to Psychodrama sounds interesting, but you aren't sure if it's for you, have a read of some testimonials from some past students:
"I attended the Psychodrama (what a name!) group with lots of doubts. I always hated 'Drama' and acting at school. What can I say? I'm converted! I learnt so much about myself - including that I am not alone in how I feel"
"It was like going from seeing things in black and white to glorious technicolour. Everything seemed brighter and clearer"
"Talking about problems is really helpful. Seeing problems visually in front of my eyes took it to another dimension"
"Psychodrama is very powerful. I looked at stuff about my chilhood. Important stuff. I realised I wasn't such a bad kid"
"I understood my difficulty so much clearer because it was like emptying the contents of my head and seeing laid out in front of me"
"I learnt how to practice and rehearse things without the fear of making a mistake and being criticised."
"Psychodrama....wow! I can't remember a time when I cried and laughed so much in remembering my Dad who'd recently passed away. Thinking about him feels easier now"
"I felt safe and supported in the Psychodrama group. It felt reassuring to know everyone was rooting for me"
Psychodrama Psychotherapy can offer participants the opportunity to explore past, present and future events and relationships. New behaviours can be rehearsed and practiced. Solutions can be identified. Conflicts can be examined and resolved. New aspects of the self can be developed.
What can you get out of an 'Introduction to Psychodrama'
Psychodrama is an Integrative, Humanistic Psychotherapy using 'action methods' to assist the process of change.
- Receive an overview of the Philosophical and Theoretical underpinnings of Psychodrama
- Learn about the 5 essential elements of Psychodrama - Stage, Audience, Auxiliaries, Protagonist and Director
- Learn about the 3 stages of Psychodrama - The Warm-Up; The Enactment/Action and The Sharing
- Receive an overview of the basic Psychodramatic techniques
- Have the opportunity to explore personal material
- Everyone needs a little Psychodrama in their lives
- On being a Big Cheese
- Is our Creative 101 for you? Have a read to find out
- New Weekly Therapy Group - by Julie Adams
- Exclusive supervision offer - From Lisa Bedford-Cooper
- Guest Blog: Questions you might like the answers to, but maybe didn’t know you could ask.
- My Experience of The Link Centre's Diploma in Supervision
- Home is Where the Heart is
- Diploma in NLP
- Mindfullness - Working with the Challenges of Living
- The Olympic Torch
- Studying at The Link Centre
- What are people saying about our Introduction to Transactional Analysis (TA101) Course?
- Exam Preparation Study Groups by The Link Centre
- On being a Psychotherapist
- The Blissful Moment
- Stand on the edge of the lake - This week’s blog… isn’t one
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Not what I expected – by Sonia Guinnessy
- Away from the Hubble Bubble
- The Secret Garden - A guest feature by Maryline Leese
- TA101 - Relevant to All
- The Joy of Teaching
- Attachment - Separation and Loss
- Leilani on the Radio
- How we avoid resolving problems
- Ego States
- The Weighting Game
- There's a hole in my bucket, dear Liza, dear Liza
- Stilling Your Hub
- Christmas Networking at The Link Centre - Wednesday December 7th 2011
- Up for Negotiation
- 'Tis the Season to be Jolly
- The 'Drama' of Christmas
- "Accounting" and Psychotherapy
- Cultural Gloom or the Joy of the Grey
- Who are you?
- Are you living in the Now? Are you a Human Being or a Human Doing?
- Steps to Success
- Naming Shame
- Writers Blog
- Caught in the Crunch
- TA Snippets - No 4 - The Influence of Parents
- TA Snippets - No 3 - What really is the difference between Counselling and Psychotherapy?
- TA Snippets - No 2 - Script
- TA Snippets - No 1 - Behaviour and our Internal World
- News - Link Centre Local Support Networking Forum - 2013 dates