For those wanting to become competent, ethical professionals with accredited qualifications.
For those wanting to enhance their career and add supervision to their portfolio.
For anyone interested in personal and/or professional development.
For those wanting to learn TA for the first time or build on existing knowledge.
Home » Courses » Short Courses and Workshops » Certificate in Autogenic Training (Online) – 12 hours
Autogenic Training (AT) is a recognized technique in psychology for combatting stress and improving mental and physical health and concentration. It was originally developed by the German psychiatrist Johannes Heinrich Schultz and is one of the most famous and oldest techniques for achieving deep relaxation. On this course we will focus on AT: Autogenic Training without autosuggestion (AAT), which represents a continuation, synthesis, and improvement of the techniques of classical AT. It is not necessary to have any previous training in AT to attend this course.
AAT represents the integration of selected exercises, whose aim is to help people to get rid of excess psychological and physiological tension by making useful changes in your brain waves and balancing your Autonomous Nervous System. The main goal of the training is for the participants to master the independent practise of this relaxation technique. After the course, AAT is applied as needed and regular exercise is not necessary. Learning how to do these exercises requires little of your time.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to do them in just a few minutes and in almost any situation: before important events, public presentations, in stressful situations, in the office, before going to bed for better sleep, etc.
Autogenic Training is indicated for:
– People who are stressed, work hard, and are at risk of, or already in burn out;
– People who suffer from chronic tension;
– Anxiety and mild to moderate depression;
– Headache, thyroid problem, or hormonal imbalance;
– Prevention or treatment of psychosomatic illnesses;
– High blood pressure and bronchial asthma (Autogenic training was recommended in the 2016 European Society of Cardiology Guidelines for prevention of cardiovascular disease in persons who experience psychosocial problems)
– Psychogenic infertility;
– Mood regulation;
– Professional athletes, especially where deep concentration and the ability to maintain attention for a long period of time is required (diving, tennis, etc.);
– Students and employees who need to manage an excessive load of work during a busy/examination period;
– Healthy people to achieve better concentration and relaxation, but also to increase creativity, imagination, fitness level, and increase the capacity for work.
– Deep relaxation techniques are also used before public presentations, job interviews and stressful meetings and it can also be used as a grounding/resting technique between clients for health care professionals.
Meetings are online, once a week, for an hour and a half.
Groups are small and interactive.
Participant Numbers: There will be a maximum of 12 participants on this course
Course Cost: £220.
Refund Policy: 50 % of balance will be refunded for cancellations with more than 7 days’ notice
Dragan Markovic: The training is given by Dragan Markovic, MS Clinical Psychology, Counsellor and Trainer of Autogenic Training, with his own practice in Rotterdam, Netherlands. He has been educated in Transactional Analysis, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy and Systemic Family Therapy and has been working as a psychologist and counsellor for almost 10 years in several countries with an integrative approach to mental health issues. He is a member of the NVTA – The Dutch Association for Transactional Analysis, DPS Psychological Society and ICTA- International Centre for Transactional Analysis.
10 Evening sessions between May and July 2021
What do therapists need to know about the brain and the body whilst working clients? Interpersonal neurobiology gives us a scientific framework to consider interventions and enhance our treatment planning.
A five day online course, delivered by Mark Widdowson, which will provide practicing counsellors and psychotherapists with a detailed understanding of how to work effectively with trauma in therapy.
5 days between June and September 2021 or 5 days between 4th November 2021 and 4th February 2022
6 x 3 hour Monday evenings between 10th May and 21st June 2021
The use of creative interventions in the therapy room – gain confidence and inspiration in working creatively.
19th May to 7th July 2021
Wednesdays 19.00 – 20.30 BST
May: 19th, 26th
June: 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd and 30th
50% refund will be given on cancellations with more than 7 days’ notice
Online Event (Zoom)
The Link Centre Sussex Rural Business Centre Plumpton College Ditchling Road Plumpton Sussex BN7 3AE
Enter your email below to sign up to our mailing list and to keep in touch
Copyright 2019 The Link Centre - Forest Dell, Green Lane, Crowborough, Sussex TN6 2DG | Tel: 01892 652487 | Website by Redboat Design